Wednesday, April 2, 2008

TXT is the new SPM

I got text-spammed today. I flipped open my phone to see how the battery was doing when I noticed I had missed a text message. Not surprising, as I have incoming texts set to silent mode. Figuring it was from one of my friends, I checked it, only to find that someone called McDermott was inviting me to online chat. I erased it, but I almost wish I'd saved it so I could quote it here for you. Ah well.

Be forewarned, my little chickadees, and welcome to the new phase as we whirl about in our Technological Sprial of Doom.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Speaking of cell phones... I got a call the other day from some number in Maryland. This number had been showing up on my cell for about 2 weeks now, every damn day. One time they left a voice message asking for Heather (why the hell would you ask for Heather when my own voice mail states clear as day my name).

So I finally decided to address the problem and answer the phone. I say "Hello?" about 3 times. Nothing. Finally I just say "please stop calling this number... I'm not your baby's mama." Then I hear faintly from the other end of the line, "Sorry, wrong number." No shit, sherlock.