Thursday, April 17, 2008

Changing My Mind

I'm so going to get burned for this.

Pope Benedict LXXXIX or something is in town lately. Up till now I've only seen snippets of him via the ever-sage news outlets available to me. And you have to admit a distinct and disturbing resemblance to someone of pop culture significance:


But with the increased coverage and having read transcripts of his speeches, I find myself softening toward Emperor Papaltine. Maybe his unnerving appearance gave him a bad rap. Maybe he does have the good of humanity at the base of his intentions, whether you agree with his opinions and methods or not. Maybe he's just been misunderstood in the wake of the all-around nice guy that Pope John Paul II seemed. Maybe he in fact doesn't eat babies.

But the jury's still out on whether he shoots laser beams from his eyes.

No comments: