Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Time for a Change

Well hello my little Rosie-fans! I bet you thought I’d abandoned you. What’s that? You know better than that now? Oh I had hoped so. By now you’re aware that my extended absences generally mean Submittal Time, and you’d partially be right. But there’s more – so much more.

I think everyone knew I was getting fed up with Company. Low appreciation and minimal respect from everyone but those least obligated to offer it. Late nights and long hours. Rotten attitudes, chauvinism, and elitism from engineers. A complete and utter disregard for deadlines except from the Production and QA staff. It was just getting to be too much, and as I looked down the road, I knew I couldn’t do this forever. Something had to change. And, as it was proven time and again, the thing to change was simply not going to be Management. So I decided to pick up and make camp elsewhere.

I originally had a bitter diatribe right here as to the events leading up to my grand exit, but I decided not to punish my good friends, and instead to let the past be the past already. Besides, most of you have heard it, and those who haven’t can guess (clue: a 22-hour day).

I write to you now from my new laptop in my new office (with a window!) at New Company. It’s only my second day, and I’m still a little overwhelmed and lonely and lost, but this is my fourth new job in three years, so I’m getting used to the feeling.

No comments: